February 1

Home learning Tuesday 2nd February 2021

Good morning year 5

Here is timetable to help guide your week.

I know this more than most!

Live lesson 9:00am zoom – Maths

We are starting our unit on fractions this week. You will need your notebook, pencil and ruler and four strips of paper of equal length. It would be useful to come to the lesson with the date (2.2.2021) and the LO: To identify equivalent fractions written in your book. We will have a session discovering equivalent fractions and then you will complete the worksheet below and send it to me.

Equivalent fractions

Recorded lesson – English

You will need your note book, pen or pencil and your list of disgusting ingredients.

please send me your rhyming couplets.

cious and tious week 2

We will continue our with our cious and tious ending this week. There are some very tricky words with these spellings. Please ensure you complete the definitions activity. To use a word you must know the word. Chose an activity from above or if you have completed them all do a spelling scribble or word find in one of your reading books. Don’t forget if you haven’t already then please follow the link to give me your spelling scores.

You can now use this interactive voting system to tell me how you did. The results are anonymous but it will give me a good indictor of when to move on.

https://www.menti.com/hm85ixv45h

Highlight the link, right click and select go to hyperlink. Tell me which words you got right. You have until 6pm on Tuesday.

Join us for our second zoom at 11:45 to discuss the morning’s work and check-in how we are all doing. We will be reading more witches poetry. Please complete 20 minutes on reading plus and 15 minutes on time tables rock stars. I will be announcing our reading champions on Friday afternoon. I can see some of you have also been keeping their streak by also practicing on the weekend – well done!

This week is children’s mental health week with this in mind I think it would be a good time to reflect on how we learn in lockdown and how it is different. Everyday Mrs Maiden, with the help of some very special helpers have prepared a video for you to enjoy. Today’s video is how you can keep learning. Please watch and enjoy. Then go pick up a book and keep learning.

Please also think about making a card for Ivy. I know she would appreciate it.

For those of you missed the celebration assembly on Friday here is another chance.

Posted February 1, 2021 by meadowsideyear5 in category Uncategorized